Safe Sitter Training
Sept 15 | 12:00-5:30pm | UUCT
Do you know a youth entering grade 6 or older who would benefit from learning how to SAFELY be home alone or while watching younger children? If so, consider registering them for the Safe Sitter® training.
This program is designed to prepare youth to be safe when they're home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. The Instructor-led class is filled with fun games and role-playing exercises. Students learn:
- Safety Skills: Students learn how to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies.
- Child Care Skills: Students learn tips to manage behavior that will help them stay in control of themselves and the children in their care. Students also learn the ages and stages of child development, as well as practice diapering.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Learning skills such as choking rescue and CPR is often students' favorite part of the class. Students also learn a system to help them assess and respond to injuries and illnesses.
- Life & Business Skills: The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and greet employers will set students up for success now and in the future. Students practice these skills through various role plays.
Date: Sunday Sept 15, 2019
Time: 12:00-5:30pm **Pizza lunch included!
Fee: $75, and scholarships are available.
Tucson UU Younger Adults (TUUYA) Meet Ups
Do you identify as a young adult (generations X, Y, or Z)? Would you like to meet up with other UU young adults? TUUYA
regularly hosts events and meet ups.
Summer Sunday Mornings
Here's our schedule for the next two weeks:
- August 4--Inter-generational Service (No RE).
- August 11--Fall RE begins! Check back here for more details.
**Every Sunday, the Nursery will be open for children under 10 years.
Fall Activity Leader
The best part of the Choose Your Own Adventure format is that ANYONE (yes, you!) can step into the classroom for a short time commitment (or a longer one if you're so moved).
Jamili will be preparing all the curriculum and supplies, and inexperienced teachers will be paired with experienced folks! You'll have the day's activities in advance so you can be prepared, but there won't be any search for materials or books! Woohoo!