Tucson UU Younger Adults (TUUYA) Meet Ups
Do you identify as a young adult (generations X, Y, or Z)? Would you like to meet up with other UU young adults? TUUYA
regularly hosts events and meet ups.
To stay in the loop make sure that Janice or Jamili has your email or join us on Facebook: by searching Tucson UU Younger Adults (TUUYA).
Summer in RE: Choose Your Own Adventure!
Remember those old books where you got to select the next thing that your character did? Or for our hip, tuned-in friends, first person video games let you control your character's every move. Now, you have that same control of your worship experience!
This summer, we are "working the bugs out" of the Choose Your Own Adventure Model and will roll out a full program in Fall 2019. In short, on Sunday when you arrive at church, children, youth, and adults will have the option to sign up for one of three experiences:
1. Youth Focus (Emerson; 12 – 19 years old, sorry adults, only advisors are allowed): designed for older youth who are ready to really dig deep into the themes and ideas. Discussion, service, leadership, art, and a good amount of laughter await our oldest youth.
2. Art and Spirit (Blackwell; all ages): in this space we'll tell another story that explores our theme for the day, offering additional avenues for deepening understanding. Following the story, we will wonder about the lessons we learn from our stories and engage in self-directed art-making in response to the themes, lessons, or feelings that emerge.
3. Movement and Games (Awareness; all ages): Ready to move your body? This is the place! We will live Unitarian Universalist values through games, movement, dance, and other forms of physical self-expression. Each week the activities will be different, but we'll work on understanding what we can learn about our spirits from moving our bodies.
Of course, the 4th option is Worship. Remaining in the sanctuary for the Worship Service is an option for all children and youth. Staying in Worship with their family is a good option topic really speaks to them or they need a quiet space away from other young people.
Digital Game Day
June 29 | 1-5pm | Goddard Hall
Calling all (video) Gamers, Gamer Wannabes, and those who just like having fun! At Digital Game day, we will be setting up computer stations so we can play digital games (not internet games) for friendly competitions and socializing! We'll have a Wii for physical games, spaces for board games, and even some light snacks. Have your own hand-held device (like a Nintendo Switch)? Bring it and hang out with us!
Very Inquisitive People (VIP) Lounge
At UUCT, we welcome children of all ages as integral to the life of the congregation and to worship. The vision is to create a soft space in the sanctuary that has a place for babies and toddlers to chill, preschoolers to keep hands busy and people of all ages to sit on the floor or bean bag chair.
Help us build the VIP Lounge by donating new or used items in good condition:
• Short bookshelves –1-2 shelves high
• A rug 5' x 6' in muted colors
• Baskets –plastic, cloth, or wicker without handles
• floor pillows in muted colors and soft fabrics
• Quiet games such as etch-a-sketches and finger labyrinths
Summer Activity Leader
The best part of the Choose Your Own Adventure format is that ANYONE (yes, you!) can step into the classroom for a short time commitment (or a longer one if you're so moved).
Jamili will be preparing all the curriculum and supplies, and inexperienced teachers will be paired with experienced folks! You'll have the day's activities in advance so you can be prepared, but there won't be any search for materials or books! Woohoo!