Meeting Rules for Congregational Meeting May 1, 2022
- We honor the UUCT Covenant of Right Relations. “Speak honestly and respectfully”
- 20 percent of the Congregation constitutes a quorum for congregational business.
- UUCT members in good standing are eligible to speak or to vote.
- Robert’s Rules of Order shall be used to conduct this congregational meeting.
- The Chair participates in presentation and discussion, not advocacy. Votes only to break a tie.
- This zoom meeting will be recorded but only a written summary will be kept and recorded by the Secretary.
- Motions consist of: presentation, motion, questions (via chat or voice), vote, announcement of result. Motions from the Board of Trustees and Nominating Committee do not need seconds.
- Members must be recognized to speak or make motions.
- Members may speak once on a motion: each shall be limited to not more than 2 minutes.
- A motion is decided by majority vote (51%).
- Bylaw changes must be approved by 2/3 vote (66%) per current bylaws.