All children and youth preschool through high school will begin with their families in the sanctuary for the worship service and then sing out to their classes after the Message for All Ages. Check the Newsletter and the bulletin boards for specific activities, information and updated schedules.
Way Cool Sunday School Program
The program was created and modeled by Greg Stewart and others at the Second Church in Chicago. It is not a curricula or a plan that can be followed or even reproduced, it is instead more of an idea. It is a concept that consists of doing Sunday school differently. Writing about this model in Essex Conversations, Greg Stewart says:
...we put lived experience before the dissemination of information, took Sunday School out of the church's basement and into the city's streets, eliminated age divisions, used curricula as a resource rather than a recipe.
In our programming for children and youth We continuously strive to meet our Lifespan Development Goals.
Our Lifespan Faith Development Goals are:
- To help children, youth, and adults become their best selves and be effective in community
- To develop a positive Unitarian Universalist identity
- To draw spiritual meaning from life experiences
- To form intergenerational connections
- To develop and provide a participatory program
- To experience a variety of spiritual practices.
Registration for Religious Education
Registration for Religious Education is now taking place. Forms are available at the Religious Education table at the back of Goddard after the service and may also be downloaded HERE.
Leave the completed form with Kathleen Hogue or a volunteer at the RE table in Holland, put it in Kathleen's mailbox in the office, or mail it to:
4831 E. 22nd Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
Classes Begin September 9th
Please see specific information for each class by selecting your child's specific class from the links below:
- Nursery for infants – 3 year olds (King Room)
- Awareness Theater for 3 year olds – 12th grade (Awareness Room)
- Coming of Age for registered 8th – 10th graders (Fuller Room)
- YRUU for high school youth (Emerson Room)
We hope your children can attend. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. As always, classroom volunteers are appreciated.