Publications are handled through the office. Send email to
A publication designed to keep the congregation aware of church events and church life. Deadlines for copy are the first and third Wednesday by of each month at 8 a.m. with publication on the second and fourth Wednesday. During June and July, the deadline is the third Wednesday and it is published the fourth Wednesday.
- Article to be no more than 200 words
- Announcements to be no more than 50 words
The all-church email is sent every Wednesday. The primary purpose of the email is for church staff to remind the congregation of upcoming services and church-related events.
Email announcements are:
- Brief (no more than 50 words)
- Time sensitive (event occurring within one week)
- Reminders (not the first time info has been shared about upcoming events)
The Office Manager reserves the right to establish priorities during a busy news week.
A monthly journal to integrate congregational programs around a theme and to explore issues pertinent to spiritual growth, congregational health, and issues affecting our community.
Order of Service
A weekly publication of the Sunday service and announcements geared especially towards newcomers.
- Due by 9:00 a.m. Thursday for that Sunday's service
- Announcements no more than 50 words
Designed to give information about the church and its' mission and to assist members with ongoing church information and newsletters.
Information needs to be sent to Frank Valdes (
) for input onto the website. Frank is a volunteer who runs our website. He will add information when he has the time, although generally he is very quick to assist. Please include an expiration date (when it can be removed from the web site) in the email. An indication that it never expires is ok. Best formats are text (such as in an email), MS Word, and PDF. Please be aware that graphics and formatting may change.
- Please send a separate email for each publication (even if it is the same information)
- Please put for which publication in the Subject line of the email
- Must be in by the deadline date
- No flyers/inserts can be added to publications
- Please communicate with your group/committee and select one member to be responsible for your submissions
- Please eliminate repeated information
- Please do not add graphics/ photos for the newsletters. Space is often an issue and some folks still have dial up internet, which can't handle pictures.
- Emails are greatly encouraged but if that is not possible, please write legibly on paper with your contact info and leave in the Office Manager's mailbox
- If you resubmit the same topic for subsequent newsletters, please change the wording. Focus on a different aspect of your story. Variety encourages people to read the Tucsonitarian.
The office does not have time to edit articles. Please make sure they are as you want them so we do not have to reinsert them when you send a corrected version. We will not edit a large article to make it size appropriate. Word Count (which will tell you how many words your word document has) and Spell Check are both very useful Word document tools (both located under Tools on the top bar if you are using Microsoft Word).
Deadlines for the Tucsonitarian newsletter are given above. They are also found on the white board in the office, on the side of staff mailboxes as you enter the office, in Goddard Hall, in the weekly order of service, on the UUCT website, and on the back page of the Tucsonitarian. Please look to one of these places if you need to find the deadline.